Saturday, May 17, 2008

109 degree bike ride, paraglide, kitesurf sesh..nice

This mornings hill climb three hour bike ride with the group over in Agura had temps showing 109 on one of my fellow riders watch thermometer.. Yikes, Puerco did not seam that hot but I was guzzling my water and steam was coming out my ears with my nose whistling
.
An hour at the auto shop afterwards and it was off to Deer Creek to pick up Vic from PCH where he had landed paragliding and to huck my cheese of of the cliff for a flight. Vic's colapse crash in the bush on launch should have been a good indicator. The wind was going really West and I ended up runing around and through every bush and bit of cactus on the hill before stalling the wing down and relaunching for a very bumpy and wacko wind change flight with a landing with Vic at the beach below. Vic thought he was going to re-inact my hillside..er landing at the bowl with a heli ride out. Tons of sink there.

Deer Creek was coming on for kitesurfing and Bayless showed up to check it. It was a classic day where Deer Creek was the best spot within 50 miles early on. Got out there with a tip flick from Vic and had a hoot hucking the 15 synergy and actually using a straped board against my own advice to see how floaty it was. This kite boosts HUGE!!! John drove south to check Leo again and Vic had to run to a friend party. Playground all mine.... An hour and a half all to myself at Deer was enough and wrapped it up to drive south and check Bayless and company at North Beach Leo. It looked a bit packed with kiters but fun and even saw a few synergy kites lit up very well down at Zeroes. Must have been Alidad and another. The traffic on PCH was so bad, I ended up going to Starbucks for some fruit juice and water and read the paper till the bumper to bumper opened enough to take the back way home to Point Dume. The crowding on PCH this early in the season, is a scary omen for this summers comute to wind, waves and flights.. Might be taking the bicycle to the beach and leaving the gear there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home