Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax day twofur kitesessions.






Everything that can bloom is in full display on the gorgeous drive into Jalama. The yellows of mustard contrasting the bright greens with orange california poppies, purple blossoms, etc, add into a calidascope of visual delight only bettered by the addition of glimpses of a white capped Pacific near the end of the canyon in. Have I ever missed the J!!!
The film team was there on time and my old bud and J local Penetentiary Paul was rigging his windsurfer to go out before it got way to strong with the "50mph gusts like yesterday" I threw up the 12 m synergy with a spot from the paid Au surfer on the shoot. Was getting some massive airs and quickly realized it was gusting far in excess of 30 mph and the UG fish was under my feet to make it through lulls and over set waves. Half an hour of to the moon jumps with time to stop at the Lunar Taco Bell for a few seven layers no cheese, no sour cream on each boost had me head in after half an hour for a kite change. Aussy ran up to me to tell me the crew had not been filming me as the camera was not ready to shoot yet. Hollywood generaly does not have the water sports thing dialed and this is par for the course and I got a good chuckle out of it as they were raving about the jumps and appologized for the camera not running yet thinking I had come in to pack it up. No, no, just getting the brand new 10 m, synergy that was supposed to be sold out.. What a great kite,and made the next hour and a half in the extremely gusty stuff manageable. About this time a bunch of my buds from the Santa Barbara kite group showed up. This gave me a quick in to land the kite. I rand over the John, Ian and crew and pointing at the camera and crew said "work the camera. That is the brand new high def three dimentional big screen camera they are testing for their new feature film!" You don't need to tell kids twice to thow it all down for a motion picture camera and crew. The strapless show came on as the wind steadied out.. Really wierd thing happened, in that I felt satiated and wanted to rest my knee and riped abdominal muscles and shook all my buds hands and said goodby to the camera crew to take a few pictures while heading back out through the canyon with my little dig camera. Everyone shook their heads and said" your leaving?????" Granted I do like to stay out for five or six hours a lot but today the thought of shooting the beauty on the way out and getting back to Bu to kite with my buds for a second go out had me rolling.

Malibu was blowing on my return and Mo and Billy had called while I drove south to alert me that County was the spot. On return the 12 synergy and Xanadu bought my admition for a heap of fun little waves for an hour twilight session. Mara stoped by just as I was about to leave to show me how well her chin had healed up post surf accident and lots of stiches. Great to see her bubbly and positive attitude and bouncing back to surf again already and looking for a twin tip board prior to going directional on her kite. She will make a nice addition to our kite group in Bu. My friends come out of the woodwork to come chat when she is around. It is always good for a laugh. Chatting with friends always makes me feel very, very lucky to be living this life. Tax day is good with me. They can't tax you for having to many friends.

Some Jalama drive in and beach shots above with the photo crew slaving away to catch the kids on film I passed off to them. I am going to bring my road bicycle up to the off ramp of the 101 to do the road out and the side road to J and back loop. The visuals are out of this world after this winters well spaced rains and concomitant blooms... WOW!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home