Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away...

It's raining this morning! BOO~~! Wow, I haven't kited since we went up to Lake Isabella for the paragliding maneuvers clinic! That was about 4 weeks ago! I've been busy working or biking... Sigh... There are too many hobbies to try to keep up with - kitesurfing, cycling, paragliding, surfing, mountain biking - although I fall every single time that I ride my mountain bike.
The paragliding maneuvers clinic was awesome. We did maneuvers over the water - asymmetric folds, spirals, frontals, b-line stalls, etc. I went into a level 5 spiral where I thought I was going to fall straight into the water. The G-force was so strong that I couldn't keep my head up, and my brake lines were so long that I had a heck of a time coming out of it. Thank The instructor, Brad was able to talk me out of it and I finally came out safe and sound. That's something that I wouldn't experience with kitesurfing. But the maneuvers aren't something that I would do everyday on a paraglider either.... I still like kitesurfing better than paragliding though. After tows, the wind picked up in the late afternoon around 3pm and kept building. Yea! We kitesurfed all 3 days of the maneuvers clinic. Kitesurfing at Lake Isabella was pretty fun. Flat water, but windy! I was on my 10m Venom II. I learned to jump too which was fun. That jumping thing is pretty addicting, I must say. So I can see now why people keep doing it over and over at the expense of their knees. I'll choose to keep my knees thanks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home