Tuesday, November 08, 2005

SE wind dance.

The problem with cut off lows, is that they have a real mind of their own when it comes to producing their counter clockwise winds. The wind will blow just long enough to screw up whatever you are doing and get you to the beach for nada. This got me to the beach and in my wetsuit with two out and back runs, when the hour and a half of solid winds died. All the friends I was obliged to tell that it was blowing roll up to see me laying in the sand with an arc overhead in too little wind. One of these freinds yells to me that it is good at Zuma, so I roll everything up and zip my soggy self down to a no wind Zuma scene. A short drive home in the wetsuit and a quick change out gets me back to work on the computer to find...DOHHHHHH LEO IS BACK ON at 16mph... Find a dry seconds wetsuit with at least one good arm and race back up for an hour of fun before dark. It was a blast in the port tack conditions on my strapless 5'10" with the good old 19 V doing it's tractor act. It was well past dark, by the time the venom touched the sand. Who is going to believe I scored today after crying wolf earlier?? Sure was a beautiful evening with the striated clouds. The coast guard copter hung for a bit and must have thought once again what nut cases we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home