Monday, October 24, 2005

I love my 132...

132... yes, I love my 132. My Underground FLX 132, that is.

I went down to Topanga with Kitemonkey yesterday. I must admit - I was pretty pessimistic about getting wind. All the forecasts called for nothing. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH! Kitemonkey and I arrived at Topanga and the wind didn't look so promising either - although I did see REALLY SMALL whitecaps on the outside. Kitemonkey, being the addict that he is, rigged and went for it on his fish and V19. I, of course, waited to see how he did. Downwind he went (bub-bye - now, I'm thinking that I need to drive down and get him). And then... the wind clicked ON. I filled my kite, and got Geralt to launch me (thanks, Geralt!). Hairy launch too - high tide and all rocks from the houses down to the water. Since it was my first time kiting at Topanga, I wasn't sure where I should get in the water. So I randomly picked a spot (eenie meenie mynie moe) and got in. Up on the board I went and zipped upwind... (woohoo!) I was nicely powered on my 16 Venom with my FLX 132. Sigh... I love my FLX 132. If I was on my Caution board, I don't think I would have done as well. Where IS everybody? It was just me and Kitemonkey kiting, and a bunch of surfers. I thought that Geralt would come out to kite for sure, but never showed up. About an hour later, Fred came out on his 17 Speed Flysurfer and was doing well. And then the sky started looking gloomier as if it was about to storm, so I got out, satisfied with my session. Always best to avoid the possibility of getting killed by a lightning bolt striking me down.

Heh heh heh... I wonder if anyone else got a sesh yesterday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home